Lexcom Systems Group Inc.
I spent a summer term in 2017 working with Lexcom Systems Group Inc. on their PipeAngel project. PipeAngel is advertised as a "Next Generation Business Management Platform [that provides] unparalleled visibility into asset, maintenance & inspection activities using next generation technology". My work dealt mainly with the automated meter reading aspect of the project, and during my summer term, I was able to accomplish the following tasks:
- Develop a proof-of-concept to show that thousands of individual meter readings per minute can be processed in real-time
- Optimize API calls for the PipeAngel project
- Speed up backend queries, resulting in valuable time savings
- Document all API endpoints, and implement API help pages
- Implement metadata logging for the PipeAngel project
The PipeAngel automated meter reading system is currently being used by water utility providers in both Canada and the United States.